Aircraft Dispatch - Minor
Aeronautics and Technology Building
This Aircraft Dispatch minor prepares students to take the written, oral and practical exams leading to the issuance of an aircraft dispatch license. An aircraft dispatcher plans for, coordinates and disseminates information concerning daily flight schedules, while establishing and maintaining rapport with flight crews, pilots, passengers, ground handlers and customers.
Fully Offered At:
- Kent Campus
Admission to a minor is open to students declared in a bachelor’s degree, the A.A.B. or A.A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree (not Individualized Program major). Students declared only in the A.A. or A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree in Individualized Program may not declare a minor. Students may not pursue a minor and a major in the same discipline.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Pass the written, oral and practical exams to earn the aircraft dispatch license.
- Demonstrate operational knowledge of domestic air travel, including industry and governmental agencies, airport identifiers, scheduling protocol, flight planning procedures and the application of weather theory to develop the skills of a professional dispatcher.
- Exemplify a high standard of ethical and professional behavior.
|AERN 15740||ELEMENTS OF FLIGHT THEORY||3-5|
|or AERN 15745||NON-PILOT ELEMENTS OF FLIGHT THEORY|
|AERN 25250||ELEMENTS OF AVIATION WEATHER||3|
|AERN 25252||THUNDERSTORMS AND SEVERE WEATHER||3|
|AERN 25350||FUNDAMENTALS OF AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL||2|
|AERN 25351||FUNDAMENTALS OF AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL LABORATORY||1|
|AERN 35644||INSTRUMENT FLIGHT THEORY||3|
|or AERN 35650||NON-PILOT INSTRUMENT FLIGHT THEORY|
|AERN 45010||AIRCRAFT DISPATCH I||3|
|AERN 45020||AIRCRAFT DISPATCH II||3|
|AERN 45791||AVIATION SECURITY AND POLICY SEMINAR (WIC)||3|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||24|
|Minimum Minor GPA||Minimum Overall GPA|
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be upper-division coursework (30000 and 40000 level).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be outside of the course requirements for any major or other minor the student is pursuing.
- Minimum 50 percent of the total credit hours for the minor must be taken at Kent State (in residence).