Career - Technical Teacher Education - M.Ed.
School of Teaching, Learning and Curriculum Studies
404 White Hall
The Master of Education degree in Career-Technical Teacher Education serves individuals who desire to continue as classroom and/or laboratory instructors in one of the career-technical service areas. The program offers a special needs specialization, which focuses on coursework and professional experiences related to the study of special needs populations in career-technical education.
Fully Offered At:
- Kent Campus
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale for unconditional admission
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 550 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum 79 TOEFL IBT score (Internet-based version)
- Minimum 77 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.5 IELTS score
- Minimum 58 PTE score
- Minimum 110 Duolingo English Test score
For more information about graduate admissions, please visit the Graduate Studies admission website. For more information on international admission, visit the Office of Global Education’s admission website.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Expand use of instruction based on learner needs, including individualized, mixed-ability, cooperative and teamwork.
- Be competent in using various instructional strategies.
|CTTE 56020||CURRICULUM GUIDE: DESIGN AND APPLICATION||3|
|CTTE 66001||PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICES IN CAREER TECHNICAL EDUCATION||3|
|CTTE 66003||ANALYSIS OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT||3|
|CTTE 66004||PROGRAM EVALUATION IN CAREER TECHNICAL EDUCATION||3|
|CTTE 66005||SPECIAL POPULATIONS IN CAREER TECHNICAL EDUCATION||3|
|EVAL 65510||STATISTICS I FOR EDUCATIONAL SERVICES||3|
|or EVAL 65511||RESEARCH IN EDUCATIONAL SERVICES|
|Major Elective, choose from the following:||3|
|FOUNDATIONS OF EDUCATION AND HUMAN SERVICES|
|MULTICULTURAL EDUCATIONAL PRACTICE AND POLICY|
|ETHICS IN PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE|
|CHILD AND ADOLESCENT DEVELOPMENT|
|LIFE SPAN DEVELOPMENT|
|Specialization, choose from the following: 1||11|
|COORDINATION OF CAREER TECHNICAL COOPERATIVE EDUCATION PROGRAMS|
and/or Career-Technical Teacher Education (CTTE) Teaching Area Content Electives
and/or Career-Technical Teacher Education (CTTE) Electives
|DISADVANTAGED YOUTH IN CAREER TECHNICAL EDUCATION|
and/or Career-Technical Teacher Education (CTTE) Special Needs Electives
and/or Special Education (SPED) Electives
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||32|
Prerequisite or co-requisite for specialization: 6 credit hours undergraduate methods courses that include content in course of study/curriculum guide development and methods of teaching laboratory and related content.
No more than one-half of a graduate student's coursework may be taken in 50000 level courses.
Candidates seeking Ohio licensure are required to pass specific assessments in order to apply for licensure. Students should consult their advisors for specific program requirements and refer to the Ohio Department of Education-Educator Preparation website for more information on assessments specific to licensure type.