Geographic Information Science - Minor
Department of Geography
413 McGilvrey Hall
The Geographic Information Science minor offers students a foundation in this expanding field and will be of interest to students studying in areas such as anthropology, biology, conservation, computer sciences, sociology and public health.
Fully Offered At:
- Kent Campus
Admission to a minor is open to students declared in a bachelor’s degree, the A.A.B. or A.A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree (not Individualized Program major). Students declared only in the A.A. or A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree in Individualized Program may not declare a minor. Students may not pursue a minor and a major in the same discipline.
|GEOG 49070||GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SCIENCE||4|
|GEOG 49080||ADVANCED GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SCIENCE||3|
|Minor Electives, choose from the following:||9-10|
|GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SCIENCE AND HEALTH|
|GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SCIENCE: APPLICATIONS FOR SOCIAL PROBLEMS|
|GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SCIENCE AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS|
|WEB AND MOBILE GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SCIENCE|
& GEOG 49163
|SPECIAL TOPICS IN GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SCIENCE|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||16|
|Minimum Minor GPA||Minimum Overall GPA|
- Students must complete at least two upper-division (30000 or 40000 level) courses in the minor at Kent State on a graded basis (A-F).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be upper-division coursework (30000 and 40000 level).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be outside of the course requirements for any major or other minor the student is pursuing.
- Minimum 50 percent of the total credit hours for the minor must be taken at Kent State (in residence).
- Appropriate specialized offerings may be substituted above as available with the approval of the coordinator.