Adult/Adolescent Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner - Graduate Certificate
The Adult/Adolescent Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner graduate certificate provides registered nurses the specialized training necessary to be certified as a sexual assault nurse examiner (SANE) for adult and adolescent patients. A SANE provides comprehensive care to victims of sexual assault or abuse. In addition, they conduct a forensic examination and may provide expert testimony if a case goes to trial.
Nurses receive their SANE certification through the International Association of Forensic Nurses, Commission on Forensic Nursing Certification. To be certified, nurses with a minimum of two years of full-time experience must have completed a minimum of 40 hours of sexual assault education; worked under the supervision of an expert (e.g., SANE-certified nurse); performed enough sexual assault exams to demonstrate clinical competency; and successfully passed a certification test.
The certificate’s didactic courses will be offered on-ground and online at the Kent Campus, and the practicum experiences will be conducted at the Sexual Assault Evidence Collection and Care Facility of Cleveland Clinic Akron General.
Fully Offered At:
- Kent Campus (hybrid online/on-ground)
- Bachelor's or master’s degree from an accredited nursing program
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate or graduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Active, unrestricted registered nurse license in the state of Ohio
- Two years of full-time registered nurse experience
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Goal statement (250 words) describing reasons for seeking the certificate
- Three letters of recommendation from health care professionals
For more information about graduate admission, please visit the graduate admission website.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Meet standards for advanced professional distinction.
- Assume an advanced role in nursing and for leadership and career advancement.
- Communicate, integrate and apply advanced nursing knowledge and skills to provide evidence-based, culturally sensitive nursing care and promote quality outcomes in nursing and healthcare.
|NURS 67100||ADULT/ADOLESCENT SEXUAL ASSAULT NURSE EXAMINER TRAINING||3|
|NURS 67192||SEXUAL ASSAULT NURSE EXAMINER I PRACTICUM||1|
|NURS 67200||SEXUAL ASSAULT NURSE EXAMINER ADMINISTRATIVE CONCEPTS AND EVALUATION||3|
|NURS 67292||SEXUAL ASSAULT NURSE EXAMINER II PRACTICUM||1|
|NURS 67300||POPULATION HEALTH AND SEXUAL ASSAULT||3|
|NURS 67392||SEXUAL ASSAULT NURSE EXAMINER III PRACTICUM||1|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||12|
|Minimum Certificate GPA||Minimum Overall GPA|